The Pembroke Fitness Centre takes pride in our community involvement. Since 1995 we have raised over $500,000.00 for many initiatives throughout our beautiful community. Some of the charity work we have supported includes:
- * The Heart and Stroke Foundation Fit for Heart Program which raised over $260,000
- The Cancer Society Zombie runs all had the goal of raising funds for women’s breast cancer research
- CareFor funds raised to improve the mental health wing
- Automated external defibrillators placed throughout the community
- The Robbie Dean Family Counseling Centre honoring our Emergency Services
- County of Renfrew Algonquin Trail further development
- Empty stocking fund contributions for the Family and Children services Christmas program.
Local community needs are not always satisfied, whatever the reasons may be. When we can help our local community achieve a goal it’s always been game-on for our team. For example, we raised $3300 during the Nick Jones Golf Tournament in 1999 which was used to purchase a wheel chair for Nick.
* Fundraising Awards
- The Heart and Stroke Top Renfrew County Fundraising Event
- Heart and Stroke Provincial Corporate Distinguished Service Award
- Heart and Stroke Top Provincial Fundraising Event
- The Heart and Stroke Top Canadian Event in 2005
We were awarded the Distinction In Community Volunteer Revenue Award by the Cancer Society in 2016. Our team is proud of our continued work with the Pembroke Regional Hospital and Ottawa Heart Institute to offer a FREE 12 week program for people with heart conditions, diabetes, and those who have experienced a TIA (Transient Ischemic Attack).
Leave a Reply