Pembroke’s 1st Annual Zombie Thrillrun Raises over $18,000
Our first annual “Zombie Thrill Run” in support of Breast Cancer was a HUGE SUCCESS!
Over 350 participants raised over $18,000.00 with auction and coffee money still to be tallied. For the first Zombie Thrillrun all expectations have been exceeded. It was a wonderful, fun filled day for the un-dead.
- The support we had from the community was overwhelming!
- The media we received for the event was fantastic.
- The volunteers and Zombies were outstanding.
Our event has received nothing but positive feedback from the participants, volunteers and spectators.
At first glance it appeared like another episode of Evil Dead with Zombies lined up at the starting gate. Each race started with a spectacular flash mob performed by a local dance studio.
Special Thanks To…
- To the Zombie Thrill Run Committee for the tireless hours they put into the event
- To Frances M Lemke Insurance for purchasing the medals for the participants
- To all the sponsors
- To all the volunteers, it’s people like you that help make a difference
- A huge “thank you “ goes out to all the participants
Our Major Sponsors
- Frances M. Lemke Insurance
- Sunsign Graphics
- Running Room
- Best Western Pembroke Inn and Conference – t shirt sponsor
- Pembroke Mall
- KI Pembroke
- State Farm – Stewart Ray
- Cassidy’s Transfer and Storage
- Pembroke Mall
- Pembroke Golf Club
- Campbell Monument
- Hebert Screen Print and Trophy
- Dr. Glenn Hanniman – Optometrist
- Neville Funeral Home
- Robinson’s Auto Centre
- Most Money Raised Sponsored by Dr. James Gallant, The Pembroke Lumber Kings, Santa Fa Restaurant
- Fastest Runners Sponsored by Gear Heads and the Best Western Pembroke Fitness Centre
Auction and Refreshment Sponsors
- The Hen House
- Thirsty Beaver
- Clouthier Construction
- Giant Tiger
- Charles and Louise Dupuis
- Westwinds Restaurant
- Tim Hortons – Jason Mcleod
- Canadian Tire – Pembroke
- Canadian Tire – Cambridge
- Melton and Fraser Flowers
- Lebine Printers
- Buns Master
- National Grocer
- Total Look Hair Design
- Valley Work Wear
- East side Mario’s – Pembroke and Arnprior
- Smitty’s Home Hardware
- Lusha Designs Sportswear
- Boston Pizza
- Marlin Travel
- Food Basic’s
- Mulvihill Drug Mart
- Pharma Plus
- Wave Optical
- Shopper’s Drug Mart
- Thia Asia Restaurant
If you want to learn more about this exciting day of the undead in support of breast cancer, please visit The Daily Observer (Pembroke’s Community Newspaper).
We also have over 800 photos and a professional video that should be ready in the next few weeks. Once they are ready we’ll post them right here on our website.
Thank You to all for making this event SO SUCCESSFUL!
Leave a Reply